We are on Day 2 of a 21 Days of Prayer & Fasting at Victory. Many people are fasting many different things. Everything from media to certain foods. (some of our staff here wanted to fast some of our meetings ... not a chance.)
This is an exciting time, but it can also be very challenging as well. So, let me just take a little time to explain WHY we are fasting at Victory Church. During this season of prayer and fasting, we seek the Lord in these areas:
- Believing God for answered prayer to our specific needs.
- Declaring our dependence on God in every area of our lives.
- Asking God for clarity on our NEXT STEP as a church. (land, building, another site?)
- Asking for forgiveness for our sins and the sins of our land.
- Praying for the completion of the Great Commission.
- Inviting the Presence of God in our church and our lives.
- Crying out to God for revival in our generation.
Also, here are a few resources:
- Daniel Plan
- Read The Circle Maker & Fasting (you can get a journal, DVD, the book, etc.)
- Pick up a "21 Day Devotional" or download it here (scroll to the bottom of the page)
- Also, go to facebook and tell us your story and keep up with my video blogs.
Remember, ditch the whole idea of, "This is awesome, I can lose a few pounds AND be super spiritual too!" Just deny the physical and crave the spiritual.